The Irish International Immigrant Center collaborates with diverse local community organizations in Massachusetts to deliver good practice exchange programs. These programs bring leaders from community organizations and government agencies in Ireland to Massachusetts for learning experiences aimed at providing examples of:
- Empowering individuals to take a stake in growing their community,
- Mobilizing community resources in a constructive way to support and grow community capacity,
- Building effective structures and processes within communities,
- Accessing resources through effective relationships with statutory and other authorities,
- Generating confidence and capacity in communities to enable them to engage with others, and
- Working in harmony with other communities to create good relations for their joint advantage
The Programs strongly promote two-way exchange and aim to build networks between Massachusetts and Ireland that facilitate ongoing learning and exchange of ideas.